Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
- The red and white pail looks like a diaper pail according to the label...ummm, but we still have to find out for sure. Even though I collect the vintage red and white enamel ware I really don't know much about it. I have a pail like this already and am willing to sell this one.
- The framed print I found to be relevant to what I most like to sell and that is vintage clothing, although, it is hard to find dresses from the same era that this picture depicts. I'm not sure if I will keep this one or not. We will see!
- The aluminum cup reminds me of my dad. He used to have a couple ( he may still have them ). He would have my mom mix up what he called Pepsi Doodles! It was a combination of Pepsi and vanilla ice cream. They were a delicious family favorite for years.
- The floral sugar bowl is a pattern my mom had as a complete dinner set with plates and all. I'll have to talk to her and see if she can tell me more about this pattern.
- The Petunia Pig glass is from 1973. She is one of the coolest Pigs I know, sorry Miss Piggy. It is a classic collector series from Pepsi.
- I have my schedule blocked out for a lot of research in the week ahead.. If you see this post and know anything about these pieces please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you know, it will be greatly appreciated!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Today I wanted to show you something that I found at an estate that I’m keeping. Its not in all that great shape, but I love it! When I have time I use it too. Take a look at this vintage clothespin holder. I’m not sure what era its from, but I’m thinking 50s or 60s.
I love the graphic on it. The colors are cool too! Made by Champion. Its the best clothespin bag I have ever had. I like the construction in the fact that it stays open. This bag I’m sure got lots of LOVE (use) ha…ha..!
You can tell it has seen better days. It is discolored and has a couple of holes from wear, but I still love it! I do hang out some of my clothes in the warmer months. I love the smell of them and I also love it that they are almost iron free after hanging them. I do admit that I wish I could hang out all my clothes but just don’t have the time. So how many of you hang out your clothes? Why or why not?
While you’re here join in the fun at the Fab Friends Thursday Blog Hop being hosted by All That Glitters Girly Fashions Trends and Hip Chick’s Guide to PMS, Pregnancy and Babies. This is my very first post on a Blog hop. My first time participating was with the ones on the right of my side bar:
- Weekend Blog Hop hosted by Graphic Design by Tara she's also hosting one called Midweek Mingle, which I will participate on.
- Meet and Follow Sunday hosted by The Thrifty Military Wife
- Not baaaaad Sundays with Lamb Around
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
I am excited to be featuring some fabulous vintage and designer name brand pieces that will titillate your senses and get you geared up for a wonderful spring experience. My vintage 80s Pink Citrus Hibiscus dress is a floral delight guaranteed to please the eyes of everyone who sees it on you.
Also up for grabs is a vintage 80s Orange Sailor Dress that is out of this world. Be the envy of everyone on the block in this one!
Get with the Hippie trend with this vintage 60's orange Kimono style caftan, it's flowing style and multi-colored floral pattern is sure to make this a big hit.
Or you may like the formal look of this spring yellow Blazer and Skirt suit which is great in the office or for a night on the town. Either way you will be in the flow with this springs most popular colors.
Check out this spring article entitled “The Top Five Hottest-Colors-For-Spring” as well, as you search out your new Spring 2011 wardrobe. I found it both helpful and interesting and I am sure that you will too.
Have a great time getting ready for the more than welcome warmer weather. See you soon!